Sunday, May 20, 2012

Reflection 4

My second shelf and cavity are coming along nicely like before but it has proven difficult to get it to look exactly like my first cavity. I've had to use numerouse sanding and shaping tools to create it's shape and use glue to permanently maintain its structure and to cover up any deformities or imperfections the cavity may carry. In regards to my shelf I have made it 28mm in diameter whilst my cavities is 32mm. I made my shelfs diameter smaller so it would be tight fitting around the pencil holding cavity in which the cavity and shelfs sit on, and my cavities diameter bigger to allow a swivel movement whilst the shelf is used to stop the cavity from dropping. So far things are going to plan and I have needed to use very little amounts of alternates to fix any original design imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment